- Radio Operator
- Good selection of high-damage cannons: the 76mm Gun M1A1 and the 105mm Howitzer M4
- 76mm M1A1 has the 2nd highest AP penetration of any tier 5 medium gun
- 105mm howitzer has very good alpha with HE, and can be very deadly with HEAT rounds when flanking distracted enemies
- Only the gun mantlet is bouncy, armor is generally unreliable
- Tall silhouette, easily spotted due to bad camo rating
- Weak all around armor albeit sloped front
- Terrible dispersion and accuracy on all guns
- Absolutely dreadful when stock in almost every way, makes for a terrible initial grind
The M4 Sherman is an American tier 5 medium tank.The first production version of the Sherman, the most common American tank, with an amazing total of 49,234 vehicles manufactured. The Sherman first saw combat in North Africa.This was the U.S. Army''s best-known tank of WWII. In WoT, the M4 Sherman is considered a very well rounded tank. It has good mobility and speed, and the armor, when manually angled, provides moderate shielding. The most popular gun for this tank is the 105 mm M4. It offers great damage, but sacrifices penetration. However, with a 100% crew, Improved Ventilation, and a Gun Rammer, the reload speed can go down to 7.50s and under, providing high damage per minute, especially when keeping an enemy tracked with HE to the tracks, a highly effective way to eliminate high HP enemies. The other "best" gun is the less popular 76 mm M1A1. This gun offers much better penetration, but loses 300+ alpha damage if a 105mm HE shell would penetrate, and 240 damage for a penetrating HEAT round. The M1A1 is a better sniping gun and is much more reliable in its DPM when used correctly.The M4 Sherman leads to the M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo, and the M4A3E8 Sherman.
The first production version of the Sherman, the most common American tank, with an amazing total of 49,234 vehicles manufactured. The Sherman first saw combat in North Africa.