- Radio Operator
- Acceptable top tier gun with decent penetration and handling
- Excellent rate of fire and wide fire arc for a TD
- Excellent frontal armor if enemies don''t know the weakspots, especially if it can be angled while hiding side armor
- Intimidating opponent, especially if faced head on by mediums or lower tier heavies
- From 9.15 patch on, it was modeled with an enclosed turret. It''s more resistant to SPGs and can use Improved Ventilation.
- Slow traverse and speed (plus low camouflage) make you an easy target for SPG and flankers
- Accuracy and alpha damage are subpar if not bad for its tier
- Armor suffers from gold ammo and is not entirely reliable with multiple large weakspots
- Horrendous stock grind (occasionally useless in tier 10 battles with stock configuration)
- Turret cannot rotate through 360 degrees
The T28 Prototype is an American tier 8 turreted tank destroyer.Early prototype of a heavy tank designed for breaking through fortifications of the German Siegfried Line. Existed only in blueprints, prepared under the program for developing heavy vehicles that was initiated in September 1943.The T28 Prototype has a decent gun, good penetration and a useable ROF. Like the T28, the Proto is very very slow, if caught in the open there is no chance to survive and reversing will do no good. You do have good armor; however it is not as good as the T28, yet it received an closed top in 9.14, making it slightly less vulnerable to HE and artillery. Do note that although it has a turret, it can not rotate 360° and is very slow, meaning it will not help much against circling enemies.The T28 Prototype leads to the T30.
Early prototype of a heavy tank designed for breaking through fortifications of the German Siegfried Line. Existed only in blueprints, prepared under the program for developing heavy vehicles that was initiated in September 1943.